Hello guys, it’s time for another Tag Tuesday and today I will be doing ‘The Ultimate Book Tag’ which I found on Books with Bite. I absolutely love reading, it’s one of my favourite hobbies and I can often be found with my nose in a book. As a huge lover of reading, ‘The Ultimate Book Tag’ is definitely something I have to do.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Unfortunately yes, which is annoying because I would love to be able to read in the car. I can’t even scroll through facebook without feeling queasy.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I’m not sure whether I would say the author’s style is unique to me, but I love books by Jill Mansell because they always have the perfect amount of romance involved.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
HARRY POTTER. *Always* Harry Potter.
• It’s Magical. Completely, utterly, 100% magical. ✨
• It’s exciting and has a bit of everything – comedy, adventure, excitement, romance… There’s never a dull moment.
• The friendships between Hermione, Harry and Ron, and pretty much every friendship in the story, always makes me feel warm and cosy inside.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
No I don’t carry a book bag – I used to when I was in first school though. 😋 Cuuuute.
5. Do you smell your books?
Nooooo. 😂 Although I do know what people mean when they talk about that ‘new book’ smell. 😋
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I guess I don’t mind either way, but I would probably say without illustrations because they just aren’t necessary for me.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Ah, I read a book called ‘The Stolen’ at quite a young age, perhaps as a pre-teen. I thought it was the bees knees and so great, but it was only when re-reading it many years later that I realised it actually wasn’t as good as I originally had thought. That’s probably more down to me growing up though.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not so much a funny story, but when I was younger I turned my bedroom into a ‘library’ for house guests to have a look around, and I left a little tub outside my door for people to leave money in once they had chosen a book. This basically defeats the whole point of it being a library, because you never pay for library books! I remember making my Grandad have a look around and ‘buy’ a book. 😂
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Magic – Rhonda Byrne
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Perfect Timing – Jill Mansell. Bare in mind most of my books are in storage at the moment, so it’s not really a ‘shelf’ full of books.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I obviously write my blog, and I once wrote a short childrens story for my niece, which I even illustrated! I was sooo proud of that and would love to read it back. I’m not sure if I can see myself as an author, but I would love to write a book someday.
12. When did you get into reading?
I have always loved reading for as long as I can remember. As a child, books would always be at the top of my Christmas list. I’ve always been an avid reader and can’t imagine my life without books.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I don’t have a favourite classic as such, but I really loved The Famous Five and Secret Seven series when a was a child.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
One of my best subjects, yes! I really enjoyed my English lessons.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would be gracious and say thankyou, then I’d probably just pop it on my bookshelf and leave it be.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Hmm, ‘Uglies’ by Scott Westerfield has minor similarities to The Hunger Games in which the people are controlled by the ‘government’, but other than that I couldn’t compare the two. I can’t think of any other series with any similarities to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games.
17. What is your favorite word?
It would have to be ‘fabulous’. I use that word all the time, fabulous is a fabulous word right? Everything’s so fabulous!
18. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I would say I’m definitely quite a nerd!
19. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Ohhhh no! How can I pick? I mean Vampires are hot (I’m talking Damon Salvatore here) but Fairies are so pretty and cute! Although thinking about it, I’d have to say Vampires because they are a lot more interesting.
20. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels definitely because what’s more beautiful than an Angel?
21. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits because I think they’re cooler than Werewolves. Werewolves have never really appealed to me, I’d rather read a book about Spirits.
22. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires. Zombies are just horrible and gross and not up my street at all. Vampires are super cool and there’s always something exciting going on with them. I’ve read lots of books about Vampires and they’ve all been really entertaining.
23. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Ooooooooh good question. I’d probably say Love Triangle because it makes for a much jucier storyline, although Forbidden Love is definitely entertaining with lots of romance.
24. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I love both! At the moment I would have to say full on romance, I just love romance novels. However it’s good to shake things up a bit and action packed books are equally as entertaining.
That’s all the questions for The Ultimate Book Tag. I hope you enjoyed this post, thankyou for reading.
I tag anyone who loves books to answer these questions.
Lots of love, Jennie. 💚 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx